Skincare is powered by ingredients. At Vie de Mer, we carefully select these actives to work synergistically, allowing your beauty to become even more beautiful. And this spring we’re all about three things: strength, purity, and transformation. Ingredients that, like you, possess a daring inner strength, a pure spirit that cannot be subdued, and a drive to transform, renew, and reach new heights. Here are our top picks for scientifically-backed incredible ingredients that will electrify your skincare routine.
1. Niacinamide. This B vitamin derivative is a multi-tasking wonder. Niacinamide increases collagen production, helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, fades hyperpigmentation, improves uneven skin tone, improves skin texture, and reduces pore size. This skincare active is a must-have for sensitive skin and pairs perfectly with many other ingredients.
Find it in: Vie de Mer Oxygen Cleanser, which gently cleanses skin without stripping moisture. In addition to niacinamide, this cleanser contains vitamin and mineral-rich kelp for hydration, sea fennel to unclog pores, boost collagen, and reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and soothing aloe to calm inflammation. Shop it on Vie de Mer for $70.
2. Marine Dead Sea Mud. Sourced from the Dead Sea, this soothing and healing mud deeply hydrates and firms, removes impurities and dead skin, stimulates cell turnover, improves circulation, and helps to tighten and tone skin, while working to
visibly reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Perfect for skin that needs a moisture boost or irritated skin that needs gentle nurturing.
Find it in: Vie de Mer Char Mud Balancing Mask, which pairs marine dead sea mud with neroli essential oil for improved skin elasticity, rosemary leaf oil to boost circulation, jojoba oil to calm, and aloe vera to heal. Shop it on Vie de Mer for $120.
3. Spirulina. Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae, a nutrient-rich superfood for the skin. Studied for its high protein content, spirulina contains 8 essential amino acids, which help to bolster skin repair and regeneration. This deeply pigmented ingredient also contains gamma linolenic acid, an omega-6 fatty acid that protects and sustains the skin barrier. Spirulina boost cell turnover, reduces inflammation, and invigorates skin for a gorgeously dewy glow.
Find it in: Vie de Mer Luxe Lift Invisible Youth Liquid Serum is packed with skin-nourishing spirulina, marine hydrolyzed collagen and elastin for skin elasticity, licorice root extract to soothe, brighten and even skin tone, and argireline, a botox-like peptide that reduces wrinkles. Shop it on Vie de Mer for $260.
4. Red Ginseng. Red ginseng is an Asian plant that has been studied extensively for its adaptogenic, or body-normalizing properties. When it comes to skin, this ingredient is just as powerful, boosting circulation, reducing wrinkles, and brightening skin. Research shows that ginseng may increase hyaluronic acid production and reduce inflammation. Just what your skin is craving.
Find it in: Vie de Mer Wrinkle Corrective Eye Serum, which is formulated for the delicate skin under the eyes. Packed with 20% red ginseng, this transformative eye product also boasts retinol to improve skin texture, sodium hyaluronate for an intense hydration boost, and apricot kernel oil and coconut oil to support the skin barrier. Shop it on Vie de Mer for $148.
5. Red Algae. Red algae are a group of over 7,000 species, most of which are marine based. Red algae are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, and are also a source of astaxanthin, a potent antioxidant that protects against UV rays, neutralizes free radical damage, calms inflammation, deeply moisturizes, and helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Find it in: Vie de Mer Lift It Up Eye Cream, the ultimate in self-care for the eyes. Red algae pairs with Matrixyl 3000 to stimulate the growth of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid, and grape seed extract to bolster collagen synthesis. Shop it on Vie de Mer for $150.