Meet the Blueberry Collection
Berries, especially blueberries, have gone from being a treat to a superfood over the past five years. Dieticians, nutritionists, and doctors alike all recommend these tasty bites for their nutrients, antioxidants, and high fiber content (sadly, blueberry pie doesn’t count). But blueberries’ benefits aren’t limited to the breakfast table. Topically, blueberries are a powerhouse ingredient too. Researchers have been studying the skin-positive properties of this berry – both inside and out. Here’s a look at why blueberries are a must-have ingredient in achieving that coveted glowing complexion.
Skincare, meet blueberries
- They are packed with this essential vitamin for skin health. Blueberries are rich in Vitamin A, which stimulates collagen and elastin production, both of which help to plump skin and visibly reduce fine lines and wrinkles. And since plump skin is youthful skin, you’re sure to look fabulous.
- They are moisture rich. Blueberries contain omega-9 fatty acids, which provide deep skin hydration and improve skin elasticity. This is essential in colder months, when lower humidity levels and chillier air rob our skin of much needed moisture.
- They are a fantastic source of anthocyanin. Blueberries are high in anthocyanins, water-soluble pigments that give blueberries their deep indigo and violet hues. Anthocyanins are potent antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory properties. Extra bonus – they protect skin from UV damage.
- Say hello to new skin. Blueberries are high in Vitamins C and E, both of which accelerate the removal of dead surface skin cells, contributing to a brighter complexion. Vitamin E even amplifies the benefits of Vitamin C, making blueberries greater than the sum of their parts.
You probably aren’t excited by the idea of mashing blueberries into a paste and applying them to your skin. The mess aside, anyone who’s gotten blueberries on their hands knows it takes a lot of scrubbing to get the pigment out.
Luckily, you don’t have to make this a DIY project. To reap the skin benefits of blueberries, Vie de Mer has two new brilliant products that optimize the benefits of blueberries to enhance your current skincare regimen and achieve heightened hydration, a more radiant complexion, and improved elasticity. Add them both into your skincare routine for brilliantly brightened skin that will have you loving your reflection.
- Vie de Mer’s Blueberry Active Face Oil is prepared with 100% organic blueberry Oil, which is rich in Vitamins C and E, phytonutrients, and antioxidants. This potent product will give your skin a powerful boost in hydration while helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, improve skin elasticity, brighten your complexion, and achieve the holiday glow you’re craving.
- Vie de Mer’s Blueberry Brightening Cream is formulated with 100% organic blueberry seed oil, alpha arbutin, retinol, and licorice root extract to reduce hyperpigmentation and diminish dark spots. This luxurious cream silkily applies to the skin and is quickly absorbed, leaving skin nurtured and refreshed, for a lustrous, even complexion.
So, this holiday season, give yourself the gift of good health and beautiful skin through fresh blueberry consumption and blueberry-infused skincare products and carry your glow right into spring.