While the many health and skincare virtues of Vitamin C have become mainstream, there’s a valid reason (or six) that it continues to dominate the beauty landscape spotlight. This powerhouse nutrient supports our body’s health and contributes to great-looking skin. It forms blood vessels, cartilage, muscle, and bone collagen and is vital to the body’s healing process. It helps your body absorb and store iron and acts as an antioxidant, protecting your cells from the effects of free radicals, which could contribute to heart disease, cancer, and other diseases.
In addition to all it does physiologically, this single nutrient delivers a huge payload for skin health through proactive prevention and reactive correction. Vitamin C molecules are small enough to easily pass through cell membranes and be absorbed through the epidermis to the underlying dermis, where it performs its magic directly.
Here are some quick facts on Vitamin C’s skin-beneficial properties:
- Based on scientific studies, Vitamin C can slow skin aging, prevent sun damage, and improve the appearance of dark spots, wrinkles, and acne
- Since it’s an antioxidant, Vitamin C can combat free radicals such as airborne toxins, and when used with a broad-spectrum sunscreen, it may also protect the skin from harmful ultraviolet rays.
- When used daily for at least three months, Vitamin C has been proven to improve overall skin texture and appearance, including fine lines and deeper wrinkles.
- It lightens dark spots by blocking pigment production and helps control acne through its anti-inflammatory properties that manage sebum (oil) production within the skin.
Given the proven track record of Vitamin C’s efficacy, there are products ranging from supplements taken to boost immunity or prevent the common cold to serums and creams aimed at reducing sunspots, acne, wrinkles, and more. These products frequently occupy a sizeable portion of real estate in our medicine cabinets and a permanent slot in our skincare routines.
What is newsworthy about Vitamin C is the continual improvements to the topical delivery of this star performer, as evidenced by the triple power of these three Vie de Mer Paris supercharged formulations, all produced in small batches under strict EU health and safety guidelines.
When it comes to skincare innovation, we’ve got you covered. Since it’s never too late to begin your Vitamin C journey or add new Vitamin C products to your skincare arsenal, now is a great time to try these skincare superheroes and bask in the light of your well-nourished, healthy, glowing complexion.
The Vie de Mer Paris Power C Lineup
- Vie de Mer Paris silken Vitamin C Serum reduces the appearance of dark spots, uneven skin tone, and fine lines while helping to repair free-radical damage. The gentle, non-irritating formula contains Vitamin C Peptide Complex, Spilanthes Acmella Flower Extract, and Sodium Hyaluronate, and goes on effortlessly and smoothly. Shop it at Vie de Mer Paris for $144.
- Achieve a lasting, youthful glow with Vie de Mer Paris opulent 100% organic Vitamin C oil. Rich with antioxidants and 100% Jojoba and Argan Oils, this treatment will improve sun damage, dullness, and uneven skin tone. Shop it at Vie de Mer Paris for $167.
- For the ultimate transformation, Vie de Mer Paris Vitamin C Booster Cream delivers moisture to the deepest layers of the skin with visible improvement to skin tone, age spots, fine lines, and wrinkles, simultaneously protecting skin from free radicals with Vitamin C, peptides, and lactic acid. Shop it at Vie de Mer Paris for $272.